Saturday, December 13, 2008

Il fino del viaggio lungissimo.

***Sidenote: I'm posting both of these today due to lack of power for the last few days, and i didn't want to make one big blog entry. SO, enjoy!

Ciao a tutti!

I've arrived safely back at the farm, after an unnesessarily long, cold trip (every form of Italian transportation I took was at least a half an hour late, if not an hour and a half). Plus, I had a little mishap in the airport due to stupidly leaving my passport on the plant somehow...don't ask. Either way, I definately got to practice my Italian. It didn't surprise me at all that I slept soundly until 4 in the afternoon the following morning.

What a winter wonderland! There's about 3-4 feet of fresh, untouched snow everywhere. I could probably ski anywhere I wanted to. But it's not too cold, which is nice as well. SO GORGEOUS!




Lots of lambs too! 5 males and 3 females, plus one female born the morning after I arrived. She's been here as long as I have!


Also new to the farm is the cutest kitten ever (named Fortunella), who loves to jump on my shoulder and ride around while rubbing my face and purring crazily. She also enjoys snuggling up with the lambs for a nice nap. Obama and Hillary (the two cats who were kittens when I first arrived this past summer) are also just as sweet as ever, though a little on the chubby side.


We've been eating well also. For lunch today, antipasti di peppers in bagnocaldo (sauce with anchovies and garlic), prociutto made by a friend, and salami made here, minestrone of pasta and borlotti beans (YUM), and formaggio (of course). Sweet, juicy oranges from Sicilia and fresh almonds from france per dolce. And the wine...oh god...the fruitiest, most delicious dolcetto ever from Michele, a friend. We got a big 25 liter tank-like object full of it and distilled it directly into bottles for lunch.



Even though its winter, we still find fun things to do here. More to come later.

Baci! <3

K

PS. Buon compleanno Nick!! (though a little late...)

1 comment:

Curmudgeon said...

What adorable lambs and kitten! She sounds like Snuggle Bug, riding around on our shoulders, purring and snuggling.

Glad you made it there safe and sound!
Wing Nut