Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last Day...Kind of

Well, today was officially my last day at Finocchio Verde after a whole month. Tomorrow, I take a train from Torino to Forli' to move on to my last farm, owned by Silvio and his family. There, I hope to learn about cows, pigs, and bio-dynamic farming. I'll be there for two weeks...but the catch is that I'm not coming back to Seattle afterwards! That's right, I've extended my stay in Italy until the 16th of September. I will either stay a week or two longer at Silvio's farm and then come back to Finocchio Verde, or just come back to FV after the two weeks are up. Or maybe I'll travel a little. Either way, I'm coming back to Seattle just before UW starts in the fall. :)

Here are a few flora pictures from Finocchio Verde that I've been really late in adding...



Perennial Sweet Peas (They're everywhere, and the goats love them!)



Meliloto (fantastic fragrance and flavor)



Clematis (All over the forest, apparently the only native vine to Europe)

And I'm not exactly sure what these are...



(Calceolaria maybe?)

No comments: